Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cherry Blossom Cookies

If you've ever been to Washington D.C. around March and April, then you've probably walked around the city in awe at the dazzling show of Cherry Blossom trees.


When I had a client ask me to make cookies for a shower held in honor of a D.C. bride with that very theme, I was excited! These definitely fall under the "some of my favorites" category.

I really wanted the cherry blossoms to look as if they were going to pop right off of the cookies, with lots of texture. I used an outline/paintbrush technique and it worked exactly as I'd hoped...

The Cherry Blossoms
The Capitol
The Washington Monument

Coming this spring is the 2012 Centennial Celebration for the National Cherry Blossom Festival, "an epic 5-week spectacular". Read about this beautiful event here and contact Sweet Bella for your Cherry Blossom cookies...because I can't wait to make these again!


5 comments:

Peg said...

These are beautiful!

Nikki, Ryan, Connor & Aidan said...

Beautiful! Any chance you would mind doing a tutorial on these. Love them!

Tara @ Bambella Cookie Boutique said...

Beautifully done! So creative, great job:)

Melinda said...

I was fortunate enough to be the bride at this shower and I have to tell you these were simply the best and were a HUGE hit! Gorgeous to look at and wonderfully delicious. The PERFECT accent to my DC wedding. Thank you so much, Amanda!

Amanda said...

Thank you Melinda!! I'm SO happy that you loved them. I thought it was a perfect wedding theme. Still some of my favorite cookies ever. :)